Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Last Day of Class

Today was my last day of classes.  I think it was fitting that it was a New Testament class, being that I go to BYU.  It emphasized to mecampus what a unique experience BYU is.  Previous to transferring to BYU I went to two other schools so I understand the difference between having a purely secular education and one that incorporates spirituality into the curriculum.  To me the difference was huge, the BYU experience isn’t just about a good education, which I feel they do very well, but it is also about teaching people how to be good people as well. 

My class covered the four gospels and with Easter being this past weekend it was great to finish that class, and all my classes with a discussion of the Death and Resurrection of Christ .  This underscored to me what the purpose of BYU is.   I have really enjoyed finishing my degree at BYU, it is a unique experience not easily duplicated.  As I walked to my car after class I allowed the moment to soak in thinking about how long it took for me to finally be at this point, and how good it was that it ended like it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment